No prelude. Just straight to your face Rough Strength routine.
A1) Handstand Push-Ups – 20 total reps
A2) Front Lever Pull-Ups – 20 total reps
B) Pistol – ladders (count total reps)
Tuesday – off
A1) Pseudo-Planche Push-Ups – 30 total reps
A2) Pull-Ups with 3 sec holds at the top, 90 degree and at the bottom – 30 total reps
B) Pistol – 50% of Monday’s total reps in any set-rep scheme.
Thursday – off
A1) Explosive Dips – 40 total reps
A2) Explosive Pull-Ups – 40 total reps
B) Pistol – 75% of Monday’s total reps in any set-rep scheme.
Saturday – off
Sunday – off
That’s it. Closing points:
- Adjust difficulty according to your current condition. If it’s too hard then choose a bit lighter version. If it’s too easy then pick harder variant.
- Eat a lot. On your training days you shouldn’t feel hungry and especially before bed. You can experiment with off-days. Stay away from sugars.
- Ladder is a special approach to sets and reps. Here in Ukraine everybody knows this stuff. Let me explain you. You pick an exercise and perform 1 rep. Then you partner performs one rep. Then you perform 2 reps and so on. It’s like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc. When you feel exhausted start over. So, for example, it’s 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (you feel that 7 would be impossible), 1, 2, 3, 4 (again you feel that 5 would be mistake), 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 1. That’s ladder principle. It helps you to build a lot of volume while staying relatively fresh.
- Where’s core work? I’m not a big fan of it. You can add 1 core exercise after main training part is done if you wish. Bridging every day in the morning would be a good idea for your lower back.
- Don’t forget about progression. Make exercises harder once thay become easy or add reps.
- “‘x’ total reps” means as much sets as it would take to complete ‘x’ reps.
- Rest no more than 2 minutes between sets.
Become a beast! Thanks for reading. Don’t forget to subscribe.
Are you tired of lack of results? Strength training seems like rocket science to you? Do you want to get strong, build muscle, lose fat and get awesome finally? Let the professional do all the dirty work for you.